Le Romagnole Soc. Coop. Agricola p. a.
Immediately after the war, the wine producers of the Bassa Romagna formed themselves into cooperatives and gave life to the first associative experiences of Cantine Sociali
Le Romagnole Soc. Coop. Agricola p.a. was founded on 30 August 1990 with a Deed by Notary Pasi of Ravenna establishing a merger of five Cantine Sociali situated in the territory of: Alfonsine, Bagnacavallo, Fusignano, Massa Lombarda and Voltana. The latter is the Cantina that had been constituted on 6 August 1947 and now incorporated the other four.
Immediately after the Second World War, the wine producers of north-western Romagna formed several cooperatives, bringing to life the first associative experiences of Cantine Sociali; the objective was to produce and sell wine obtained from the production of their own grapes directly, seeking to make higher profits compared to those obtained by selling grapes to private parties.
Toward the end of the 1980s the Partners of the abovementioned Cantine became increasingly convinced that it was necessary to create a larger business in order to be able to rationalise the costs of investments and diversify production, all aimed at obtaining better economic results for their own associates.
The activities consist of the processing of grapes and the marketing of musts and wines provided by their own Members Another service offered is production and technical consultations for partner producers. The sale of products (wine, must, etc.) on markets takes place via the Gruppo Cevico Soc. Coop. Agricola sales service, with offices in Lugo (RA) – via Fiumazzo, 72 of which Le Romagnole Soc. Coop. Agricola p.a. is a partner of reference.